Two thin, precision ground wafers made from the finest optical glass are fused around a polarizing film. The lens front is treated with a flash mirror coating (when applicable), and the lens back is treated with an anti-reflective coating to minimize glare, helping to reduce eye irritation and fatigue. A hydrophobic coating is applied to both sides to repel dirt and grime. The lenses are ground, polished and heat tempered for toughness. Each edge is individually sealed to protect against moisture ingression and delamination.
- Grade 1, Superior Optical Quality Glass - Processed to precision for optically correct clear vision.
- 99.99% Polarizing Efficiency - Eliminates glare by blocking reflected vertical light preventing eye strain and fatigue.
- 100% UV-A & UV-B Protection - 100% blue light protection to 410 nm & 93% blue light protection to 480 nm. Exceeds all International Standards for UV Protection.
- Anti-Reflective Coating - Deflects back glare from the eye, improves clarity and reduces eye irritation and fatigue.
- Hydrophobic Coating - Applied to front and back of lens to repel grime & water spots and aid in easier cleaning.
- Flash Mirror Coatings - Additional light transmittance protection while adding a soft elegant look to sunglasses.
- Sealed Lens Edges - Protects against moisture ingression and delamination.
- Lens Color - Brown based color neutral, excellent for true color, object contrast and depth perception in sunny and varied light.
- Durability - Lenses are thermally and chemically tempered for strength. Exceeds all International Standards for impact resistance.
Alue AQ-P lenses are brown-based, excellent for true color, object contrast and depth perception in sunny and varied light conditions.
The Alue AQ-P Brown lens also comes as Alue AQ-P Gold and Alue AQ-P Titanium. These proprietary subtle flash mirror coatings cast a soft, elegant look and can further increase eye comfort in highly reflective environments.
- AQ-P Brown has a Luminous Transmittance Value (Tv) of 14.0%
- AQ-P Gold has a Luminous Transmittance Value (Tv) of 13.25%
- AQ-Titanium has a Luminous Transmittance Value (Tv) of 12.31%